Now, the second half of the class ... not quite as great. Sawyer and dad were fine, but the class lasted almost two hours longer than we expected.
Ray showed up with about an hour and a half to go. I could see the two of them through the glass doors at the back of the classroom. They looked pretty calm and happy at first.
But as the minutes passed, the look changed. It went from "how long is this class going to last?" to "please, please rescue us." (The same look Hank often gives me when he's outside wanting in.)
I was desperate to get out of class, too, because by that point we weren't learning anything and the instructor had gotten so off topic that he lost many of us. I was also hurting from going five hours without feeding "The Leech."
As soon the instructor said, "Well, it's been a good class," I was out the door. Sawyer was crying with tears running down his face. Ray was holding a bottle and looking fairly frazzled. He wanted to speak to the instructor, so I grabbed the car keys, gathered up Sawyer out the stroller, covered him in a blanket and we took off.
We practically ran out of the building, Sawyer still sort of whimpering. I probably looked like a baby snatcher. I had ditched my purse and coat on Ray, and I was practically running out the store.
I doubt anyone would've thought I was just a guilt-ridden mother desperate to make her little boy happy again.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment