Our discussion last night somehow ended up on our labor and delivery and having more kids. We've always talked about having three, but Ray declared that he didn't know how we could possibly handle another one.
I asked what he meant and he said, "This one is hard enough. I'm exhausted."
I had to choke back a laugh. It's become our big joke that Ray is the "exhausted" one even though ...
* He doesn't do any of the feedings. (The joy of breastfeeding AND a baby that refuses to take a bottle!)
* He doesn't get up with us at night. (It's frustrating for me at times, but we didn't see the point of BOTH of us being tired, especially while I'm still on maternity leave.)
* He does change some diapers, but only a couple in the hours after he gets home.
I reminded him that babies are very high maintenance, and Sawyer can be quite demanding when he wants something. But at some point, he won't have to be held or carried all the time. We won't have to change diapers forever or be chained to his nursing timetable. He will (hopefully) sleep through the night some day.
And he says, "Yeah, but then we have to start all over with a new baby."
Well, he's got me there. I can't argue that one. I'll have to just convince him that it's worth it.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment