Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My day "off" Part 1

So, I had a day off from Sawyer duty on Saturday. Well, as close to one as he'll allow. He's quite a demanding boss.

I was taking an 8-hour class, so Ray was on daddy duty. He's taken him for a few hours at a time, when I needed a break and wanted to get out of the house, but never for the whole day.

Since our little Mama's Boy will NOT take a bottle, we weren't sure if dad and son would survive the day. To stretch our post-feeding happy time, we got up early and drove to my class and I fed him in the car.

Meanwhile, Ray and Sawyer headed to the gun show. Not exactly my vision for a father-son outing but you go with what you got. (Plus it kept me from having to go with Ray!)

I hadn't heard from dad, which seemed like a good sign, and we got out of class early for lunch, so Sawyer survived until the first feeding. Ray said they'd had a grand morning and were a huge hit at the gun show.

By the time we picked up lunch for mom and dad, Sawyer was READY for his. So we sat in the parking lot and ate as a family.

I was thrilled that he had done OK, but the best part of lunch? Sawyer in my arms, with a full belly, looking up at me, just cooing and ahhing and smiling away. He's just started "talking" to us more, and I feel sure he was telling me about everything I had missed at the gun show.

Raad on for the second half of our day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment