I'm pretty sure my child is a time-telling prodigy.
Out of my second-graders last fall, only about a third of them could read a clock. Sawyer is only 2 months old but he can tell time like a champ. He doesn't even need the clock.
It amazes me how a baby can know that it's been three hours since the last time he ate, especially when I know that he can go longer than that between meals on occasion.
It also amazes me that he wakes up every night about 3:30 or 4 a.m. It doesn't matter if he last ate at 10 o'clock or midnight. And wake-up call? That's about 6:30 or 7 a.m. every morning. It's truly like clockwork.
The worst part about it? On the rare occasions when he sleeps longer than usual, my internal clock (or the overly full milk machine) wakes me up and I check the clock wondering when he's going to wake up.
Now, if I could just convince his internal clock that 8 or 9 p.m. should be bedtime EVERY night.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment