Thursday, March 28, 2013

I'll have some chocolate in my eggs, please

Sawyer got in lots of egg-hunting practice this year.

Just a few days after a chilly but fun egg hunt in my friend's backyard, Sawyer got another chance to collect eggs at preschool.

The kids get to do so many fun things at school, and I genuinely love when the parents get to come watch. But sometimes things don't quite work out as you envision.

Last year's preschool egg hunt was great. The kids and parents gathered in a grassy courtyard to "hunt" eggs that were barely hidden. The parents who were in charge of the Easter party filled the eggs and made baskets for the kids. The weather was pretty nice, and we got some very cute pictures. After the egg hunt, parents came inside to eat lunch with the kids and then take them home.

This year, all the parents were asked to bring a DOZEN eggs and fill them with trinkets or non-chocolate candy. (I had to hunt to find goodies that would fit and were not chocolate! Easter is all about the chocolate.) The weather was cold and windy. And we had to drop the kids off at 9 a.m. and then come back for the egg hunt at 10.

I pulled up a few minutes to 10 a.m., and I swear I was back in the car by 10:15. It took about five minutes for 10 3-year-olds to find 120 some eggs on the playground. The rest of the time was spent trying to take a group picture and walking to and from the classroom.

And because the kids were so fast and there were about 30 people crammed into this tiny playground space, I really didn't get any great pictures.

_PRP0069

_PRP0066

_PRP0065

_PRP0072

_PRP0074

_PRP0076

_PRP0090
From left: Clare, Hudson, Penelope, Ella, Amelia, Susan, Lyrah, Sawyer, Madeline and Cale. And there's actually one more girl who's missing: Makayla.

We did, however, get some chocolate. The first piece of candy I pulled out of Sawyer's haul was a Butterfinger egg. You gotta love it when a plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment