Saturday, March 30, 2013

Old friends and new

Wow. We did not skimp on the Easter egg hunting practice this year.

I took the Saturday before Easter off because Ray was going to be out of town, and I didn't want to spend the holiday at home alone. I decided we'd visit my parents and go to church with them for Easter.

Because I so rarely get to Hickory for more than five minutes, I decided to invite some of my friends from childhood over, along with their kids, for lunch and an egg hunt.

I made fun food, including colored pasta salad, PB&J sandwiches cutout in fun springy shapes and a bunny cake.

_PRP0095

_PRP0096

_PRP0097

Untitled

The kids were too hyper to eat much, so we finished up and then Maddy, 7, the oldest child helped me hide eggs in the front yard.

_PRP0107

_PRP0115

_PRP0118

_PRP0124

_PRP0130

_PRP0135

_PRP0169

_PRP0143

_PRP0165

After the baskets were full of eggs, we found some other ways to keep the kids entertained.

We did bubbles.

_PRP0171

We attempted sack races. (Maddy knew a lot more older kid games, but we gave them a shot.)

_PRP0183

We posed for group pictures.

_PRP0190

Finally, we said our goodbyes and gave friends hugs.

_PRP0192

I wish these old friends and new friends could get together more, but no matter how often or how rarely we see each other, I love these people.


No comments:

Post a Comment