Sawyer and I stopped by the grocery store the other day after I picked him up from preschool. It was my deskmate's last day at work, and I had volunteered to bake something.
Nearly every time we get in the car, Sawyer asks if we're going to the grocery store. I guess he gets dragged there a lot.
Anyway, the closest store to our house is Food Lion. It's not my favorite place to shop, but I needed to grab the ingredients and get to baking before work.
As we pulled in the parking lot, Sawyer said, "Ohhhhhh. We're going to the WOLF grocery store."
It took me a minute to get it. He thinks the "lion" logo is a wolf.
So I played along to see where this would go.
Me: Oh, the wolf grocery store. What does that mean?
Sawyer: There's a wolf inside.
Me: What do you think will happen to us?
Sawyer: He will eat us.
Me: Oh no! That won't be good. What should we do?
Sawyer: We should take our magic wands in so we can put a spell on him and he can't eat us.
Me: Uh-oh. I didn't bring my magic wand.
Sawyer (in a very duh tone): Mom, it's just a pretend wand.
Me: Oh.
Sawyer: And a pretend wolf.
In addition to remembering to bring my reusable shopping bags, I guess I have to start bringing my magic wand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment