Monday, January 28, 2013

Missing Mama

There are few certainties in life. We all know death and taxes, but neither of those are good things.

I, however, have another one. A good thing ... and it's as sure a bet as the sky is blue.

Whenever I come home, it doesn't matter if I've been gone 30 minutes or 8 hours, Sawyer is thrilled to see me.

I live about five minutes from work, so I can come home for dinner most nights. Sometimes, Sawyer is still taking a nap, but usually he's playing in the den with Ray.

And most of the time, before I've even taken my key out of the door, he runs out to greet me.

Recently, I came home and he was playing on Daddy's iPad in the den, so engrossed that he didn't hear me come in.

I walked into the den to see what my boys were up to and just watched him for a minute. Ray tapped him and said, "Look who's home."

Sawyer looked up and his face lit up with a huge grin.

"Mommy! You're home! I missed you soooooo much."

He jumped into my arms for a big hug. And I'd only been gone about three hours.

No matter how rotten of a day I'm having, being hugged at dinner by someone that misses you "soooooo much" makes it better.

And remarkably, even if I'd had my fill of him during the day and been eager to go to work, I realize that I missed him, too. Soooooo much.

No comments:

Post a Comment