Sawyer called 911 today.
He wasn't calling to report a fire or an injury. He wasn't making a cry for help because Mama was being mean too him. He just likes pressing buttons on my cell phone.
Unfortunately, I noticed a second too late. I tried to hang up, hoping the call had not connected yet.
But about 30 seconds later, I get a callback. Crap.
What I said: "No ma'am. There's no emergency. I misdialed and tried my best to hang up before the call went through. I'm terribly sorry, and I appreciate you checking on it."
What I COULD have said: "Yes, ma'am. I am an idiot and let my 11-month-old son play with my cell phone because it keeps him entertained for two minutes. I'd like to say it will never happen again, but I can make no guarantees as this child seems to destined to be a handful."
Perhaps I just invest in a rotary phone. Really make Sawyer work to get me in trouble for misusing 911.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Okay, now I don't feel so bad. Griffin dialed 9-1 on our home phone just before I grabbed it out of his little hands. My father-in-law took the battery out of his old cell phone and gave it to Griffin. We stress that the old cell phone is HIS phone, and he can't use OUR phones. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Even better idea, hire him out to a telemarketing company. He's so cute, there's no way people could say no to him!
ReplyDelete