Well, the SECOND visit did. The first trip was a bust. Daddy really wanted to go because he was already sad about missing the first haircut, so we went Sunday afternoon. But Santa was "on a break to feed the reindeer," and Mama had to be at work so we couldn't wait for him to return.
I dreaded going three days before Christmas because I thought it would be nuts, but we walked right in and there was no line.
Sawyer definitely wasn't scared. Santa held out his hand, and Sawyer went right to him. But when they started trying to get him to smile for the camera, he was unusually stoic. The photographers worked hard to get our normally smiley Sawyer to grin.
They flashed Elmo and this parrot puppet, but he was still just taking things in ... turning back to check out Santa every couple minutes. Finally, one of the photo staffers grabbed the puppet and brought it right up his face, talking in silly voices.
She got him to laugh, jumped out of the way, and they snapped the money shot. And I mean that literally. I had to shell out $30 for one pose. (There were several cute shots, including a few with Sawyer in the Santa hat I never thought he'd leave on, but we thought this one was the winner).

Afterward, my friend Whitney and I posed Sawyer in the decorations outside to snap a few more pictures. Naturally, his 1,000-watt smile returned then.
Luckily, I don't have to pay $30 to capture it every day.


I have been waiting on a new post, I would have been afraid to be in the sleigh with those not so pretty elves. I love to read about Sawyer's antics
ReplyDelete