Thursday, February 6, 2014

Belt tutorial by a 4-year-old

I need to strap a mic to Sawyer and record everything he says. He's been coming out with some amusing comments lately. I'm working on a longer post with a list, but I just had to share this one today.

Sawyer likes to hang out with me in the bathroom when I'm getting ready for work. This morning, he follwed me in and this is our conversation.

Sawyer: Mom, why do you have a belt on over your shirt?

Me: Because I thought it looked nice. What do you think?

Sawyer: It looks a little nice.

Me: Why not a lot nice?

Sawyer: Because belts don't go over your shirt. (DUH!!!! The DUH was implied.)

Me: Where do they go?

Sawyer: Right here (pointing to his hips). Where your legs start.

Me (chuckling): Well, this is a different kind of belt.

Sawyer: Ohhhhhh! I didn't know that.


We are at that hilarious age where Sawyer knows a lot things but often doesn't have the right words or the grown-up way of describing it. His method of conveying the message often cracks me up.

Belts ... they don't go on pants or at your waist or through belt loops.

They go where your legs start. DUH!

No comments:

Post a Comment