Monday, May 28, 2012

Preschool year wraps up


Catching up after a crazy week ... the end of preschool, two parties, a doctor's visit, Daddy being out of town and more.

Back before school started, I signed up to help with the end of the year party for Sawyer's preschool class. I assumed that, like all the other parties, we'd drop off goodies and be done. Parents weren't really allowed to attend any of the other celebrations. But a few weeks before school got out, I learned that the party would be on the second to last day of school, the parents were included AND we could have it off-site.

With suggestions from the teacher, several of the other moms and I planned a very fun bash for these 2-year-olds. We held it at a local park, which was perfect. The weather was great, and there were many smiles, a few sniffles (from the teacher) and lots of hugs goodbye. Though, really it's more of a "see you later," as most of the kids will be together again next year in the 2-year-old class at preschool.

Mostly the kids just ran around and played on the playground.

party2
Ainsley and Madeline

party3
Cale

party4
Amelia

party5
Barnes (or Barnsie as Sawyer calls him)

We did a quick craft where kids made picture frames.

I had prepainted the frames (which were less than $1 at Michael's), and they chose their decoration piece to glue on. Then I painted their name on the frame. They were super easy and cute.
Another mom (who gave birth the day after the party!) put together the festive goodie buckets.

party7

party12

Then we ate lunch: pizza and watermelon.


party8

party 13

party10

We dug into the goodie buckets for bug boxes and tortured a few ants.

party16
Barnes and Cale

The rainbow-sprinkle cake pops I made were a hit with everyone.

party23
Sawyer

party15
Susan

There were plenty of hugs goodbye.

party24
Sawyer and Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment