Sawyer was really not as into the Easter basket, egg hunts and such as I thought he might be. I guess Easter is not quite as in your face as Christmas, with Santa Claus on signs and TV everywhere you look. Maybe he never quite figured out that he was supposed to get excited?
Here are some pictures of the day ...

A portrait before church a.k.a. the "before you get that white shirt dirty" picture. Looking at the camera is optional these days.

Ahhh, Easter shoes. I love saddle oxfords.

He really just wanted to run around the yard.

After church ... Sawyer looks thrilled, doesn't he?

Back home, he was ready to hide. Not eggs, but himself. "I hidin'," he told me as he peeked around the tree.

I would say, "I see you," and he'd run out from behind the tree, dying laughing.

He wanted to wear the bunny ears they made at preschool. Then he hopped all around the living room.

I hid his basket outside, but I had to force him to look for it. He preferred to go see Hank in the back yard.

But once he found it, he liked what was in there. A few eggs with candy. A bat and ball. An Easter book. Sidewalk chalk. And a couple things from the dollar store. The $1 flashlight was a big hit.

Daddy came outside to help us hit the ball a few times. He pitched, and I helped Sawyer swing the bat. He was thrilled every time we hit it.

We barely made it onto the field for the "Easter egg hunt" with no eggs.

He would pick up a few pieces and then stop. We'd have to point to another area and tell him to go pick up more.

I did have to stop him a few times from putting opened pieces in his mouth. It was mostly hard candy, which I thought was an odd choice for a bunch of kids. Not to mention a choking hazard for little ones. (Can you tell the Grasshoppers staffers don't have kids?)

A mouthful of candy. When we were done, we let him eat a few pieces, which he prompted crunched through.

I asked him to show me the sign for a home run!

No comments:
Post a Comment