Sawyer is into any kind of art project, and he loves these fizzy tablets to color the bath water. So I thought dyeing eggs would be fun. Little did I know how much work it would be to keep my kitchen from getting dyed pink and blue.
I set up all the glasses and let Sawyer drop the tablets in.

He enjoyed seeing the water turn colors and watching all the bubbles.


But he kept pointing at the glasses shouting, "Red! Green!" And finally, he knocked the glass of pink dye over. We improvised by using Kool-Aid.
When it came time to drop the eggs in, I stressed being "E A S Y!" Sawyer, though, just has too much boy running through him to be that gentle. He'd hold the egg above the glass and let it plop in, splashing dye everywhere (which he thought was hilarious).

After losing my patience on the third mess to clean up in 10 minutes, I instituted a no-touch rule. Things went better after that.


Sawyer was less than impressed that the EGGS turned colors. I could've saved myself all the trouble and just colored some water for him to play with.


But I liked how they turned out, all streaky and speckled. Maybe he'll appreciate that, too ... next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment