Sunday, November 18, 2012

My little funny face

Fall 12

On Friday, I was driving through a neighborhood that I rarely pass through. I had a certain stoplight near Ray's office I wanted to come out at, and I was hoping I'd make all the right turns to end up there.

It was a beautiful blue-sky, sun-shining autumn day, and I was driving the "fun car" ... our two-seat convertible sports car ... because Ray had taken Sawyer to school.

As I drove past the neighborhood park, I noticed something at the far edge ... a rope swing. It was the perfect spot, the exact kind of tree that calls for a rope swing. I didn't really have an plans for the afternoon, but at that moment, I knew I should pick up my camera from home and bring Sawyer there for some fall pictures.

As Sawyer's gotten older and more mobile, he's much harder to photograph. He has zero interest in posing, and even if he will stand still and say "cheese," he won't look at the camera. I've resorted to tricking him into looking at me so I can snap a picture of his crystal blue eyes.

One day, he will roll his eyes when I want a photo. So I take all the photos I can now and enjoy all his funny faces and silliness.

I couldn't decide which I liked best. What's your favorite?


Fall 1

fall 2

fall 10

fall 6

fall 7

fall 8

Fall 17

Fall 11

fall 9

fall 13

fall 14

fall 16

fall 5

In case it doesn't show, those pictures you just saw are of my favorite boy ... in the whole world ... in one of my favorite sweaters. I never get tired of looking at him ... my little funny face.

fall 15

1 comment:

  1. Jen, All of these turned out great! He is growing up fast! He's such a cutie. I like that sweater too. I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete