A collection of some of the funny things Sawyer has said recently:
Still my baby: Sawyer has been on a big baby kick lately. Not sure if it's because of his new baby cousin or books we read that have babies. Occasionally, he'll pick up a sippy cup and say, "I a baby. This is my bottle." Or he'll climb on my lap and say, "I'm your baby," which means he wants me to cradle and rock him. At least he doesn't wake up several times a night like a baby!
Darn verbs: Sawyer has amused us lately with his verb placement. He likes to play a game of arguing. You say it's hot, he says it's not hot. Recently, we've heard these statements ...
Grandmother: "You're going to beach later."
Sawyer: "I not."
Grandmother: "You are."
Sawyer: "I not are."
Mama: "Can you find your shoes?"
Sawyer: "I not can."
And "I not am," and so on.
Anatomy lesson: Sawyer was drinking milk the other day. He said, "It goes down to my tummy. And then to my feets."
Favorite drinks: Sawyer loves chockkkk-lit milk (He's very Southern). But his other favorite is lenin-ade.
Wake-up call: Sawyer does all the animal sounds well, but he has his own variation of cock-a-doodle-doo. We were in a store recently and he was laying on a rug in the children's section. I asked what he was doing and here what happened:
Sawyer: "I fweeping."
Me: "OK."
Sawyer: "You say bock-doo-doo and I wake up."
Me: "Cock-a-doodle-doo!"
Sawyer: (Jumping up) "I awake!"
Friday, June 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment