Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sawyer says ...

Some of the funny things we’ve heard Sawyer saying lately (and a few random photos for good measure) …

Harold the Helihocker: Grandmother bought Sawyer ANOTHER character from the Thomas line. We now have Percy, James, No. 5 (James’ tender), Jack (a Valentine’s present from the sitter), Toby, Harold and two Thomases. And that’s not counting all the other generic engines we’ve accumulated from other train sets. Anyway, Harold is a helicopter, but I like heli-hocker better.

No way: OK. This is not so cute. I have no idea where Sawyer picked this up, because I don’t think Ray or I say it. Maybe Maleigha, his sitter, does? But I’m hearing it several times a day. Me: “Sawyer, come get dressed.” Him: “No way, Mama.”

Buggies: Sawyer has started adding “ies” to the ends of some words. I don’t mind bugs a bit, and I’m happy to pick them up and show them to Sawyer, but I can’t stand hearing him call them “buggies.”

Tilly-hos! Sawyer is not a British pirate, but he might be mistaken for one when he asks for Cheerios.

Need get out: We hear this a few times a day when Sawyer is DONE being strapped into something like his high chair or his car seat. The cry becomes more fervent the longer he has to stay in, sometimes resulting in stringing three of them together. “Need get out. Need get OUT! NEED GET OUT!”

Belly buppon: Sawyer likes to find your belly button (or his) and tickle it. But he calls it belly buppon. And then he says, “Dat tickles.”

Chocolate everywhere: Sawyer loves “choc-lat.” His favorite is M's. (M&Ms) But on a recent trip through the grocery store, he discovered two new kinds of chocolate he wanted to try. On the coffee row, he pointed to the vats of whole beans and cried, “M's. M's. Want some.” Then when we stopped to pick up eggs, he desperately wanted “chocolate eggs.” (The brown-shelled ones).

Speaking of eggs: I gave Sawyer a few jellybeans the other day, and naturally, he loved them. When he’d eaten them all, he started shouting, “More eggs! More eggs!” I had no clue what he wanted until I realized they weren’t jellybeans to him. They were quite rightly eggs.

Piggies: The other day I had my bare feet propped up on the coffee table. Sawyer started wiggling them and saying, “Dis little piggy went to market. Dis little piggy stayed home. Dis little piggy went to market.” Sadly, no piggies got to dine on roast beef.

Haircut: Last week, I kept telling Sawyer he needed a haircut. When I got the vacuum out that day, it was not working very well. I flipped it over and the roller bar was COVERED in hair, wound so tightly around it that it wasn’t even spinning. So I sat down to untangle it and finally got scissors to help cut the hair loose. Sawyer came and sat in my lap to watch me giving the vacuum a “haircut.”

And some random pictures shot on my cellphone:

Sleep eating
Sawyer occasionally falls asleep while eating lunch. Watching him chew in his sleep is highly entertaining.

Sleeper
This is how I found Sawyer sleeping recently ... one foot on the floor for balance. Maybe he's part flamingo? (It must run on Ray's side of the family.)

Frosty2
After subjecting Sawyer to a strep test swab AND a chest X-ray when he was sick a few weeks ago, I promised him ice cream. The Frosty is all he would really touch.

 Frosty1


Funny how quickly he got over acting sick and pitiful when sucking down that Frosty.





1 comment:

  1. He is just too cute for words. What a sweet baby : ) I love the things he says. Especially no way! SO cute.

    ReplyDelete