I had a long list of funny happenings I was saving up to tell you about, but it's buried in the bottom of a purse at home, so I'm just going to ease back in with a quick post and some recent pictures.
Sawyer is 18 months old now, though in many ways he seems older. He is very, VERY active. Athletic might not be exactly the right word for a toddler, but I think he has pretty good skills for a kid who just started walking five months ago. He can just about go down the stairs without any help (not that we LET him). It amazes me how well he can balance when we're playing on the bed or he's standing on my chest, forcing all the air out of my lungs. And he is fearless when it comes to flipping, flopping, climbing and diving on and off things. We've caught him climbing up and standing on the coffee table recently, and he LOVES for me to pick him up and flip over backward. I think gymnastics classes may be in his future.
He's pretty fearless when it comes to other things, too. He's still never met a stranger. We went to a reunion of the first newspaper at which Ray and I worked. Sawyer walked around like he owned the place. Ray and I could've left, and I don't think Sawyer would've even noticed.
He goes to baseball games a lot with Ray, and I occasionally get to go, too. He will gladly go sit with our friends who have seats behind us. But I've also seen him practically crawl into the lap of a complete stranger.
And at the doctor's office Friday, he had to get his finger stuck. Luckily, we had a good nurse, but I was expecting tears, screaming and blood flying like the previous time. He didn't bat an eyelash through the whole thing. I think he was fascinated by what she was doing. Mom says Sawyer is going to be one of those kids who takes everything apart to figure out how it works. I guess with genes from Ray and me he got a double dose of curiosity.
He's also spent a lot of time with Grandmother and Pops, when Ray and I had to go out of town. Other than not sleeping well, he fits right in and seems totally at home there.
Grandmother and I took him to a local dairy farm when she visited last. Sadly, we didn't get to see any cows, but we ate delicious ice cream and saw some other barnyard creatures.

Must. Climb. On. Everything.

Papa Turkey wasn't too sure about his like-sized competition.

The baby turkeys (or poults as I just learned they are called ... hey, I'm an editor, I gotta look everything up) did not appreciate being chased.

The rabbits were friendly though.

The closest we got to a cow.
We also hit the farmer's market for some fresh fruits and veggies the other day. Sawyer has eaten so many blueberries, I'm afraid he might turn blue. He also gave corn on the cob a try after completely shunning it the last time I offered him an ear.

He knew exactly what to do.

Geez, mom. Can't I eat my corn in peace?
Hopefully, we'll have many more adventures to share as we swing into summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment