Boy, Willie wasn't kidding. It has been a month of many changes for us. I haven't had much time to chronicle everything, so I figured I'd try to sum up the highlights.
On March 9, we left Sawyer with a sitter (that wasn't Grandmother) for the first time. It was hard for about five minutes, and then it was kind of nice to get out of the house without toting a car seat.
On March 13, I took the Praxis test to hopefully get my teaching certificate. The back-to-back two-hour tests both started more than an hour late, so I was texting Ray right up the last minute to tell him when to bring Sawyer for his brunch. I spent the 20 odd minutes between tests nursing Sawyer in the ladies restroom as 20-something students came in to check their makeup. Definitely made me feel old.
On March 14, three months to the day Sawyer was born, I went back to work. I purposely chose a Sunday in case I needed to come home early or take a longer dinner break. It was a rough night for Ray and Sawyer, but we all survived. And I was surprised to A) remember how to do everything at work and B) actually kind of enjoy being there.
On March 15, our babysitter -- on her first official day of work -- tells Ray that she has an interview for a full-time nanny job in two days. I was (and still am) livid. That definitely made it harder for me to leave Sawyer to go back to work. Four days later, she tells us she IS leaving. She was kind enough to give us three weeks to find a replacement. So, we have been on a frenzied hunt for a new sitter.
In the meantime, Sawyer has been growing and changing rapidly. He's lost a little bit of his infamous Buddha belly, but he still has plump Robinson cheeks. His hair is coming out some and growing in a lot lighter.
He's holding his head up well and tries to stand up on his chubby legs. He's still a little short for the exersaucer I bought him, but I know he will be bouncing in it soon.

He's sleeping well at night and is much less cranky when we get our naps in.

He's doing a little better on the bottle, but he still mostly takes it as a last resort. He smiles a ton, showing off those great dimples, and it's so cute it nearly kills Ray and me.
The drool has set in, and he has moved from trying to get his whole fist in his mouth ...
... to sucking on a thumb or two fingers. He sucks so loudly sometimes that it wakes me up!
It's been a month of great changes, but we're all very happy. Hopefully, March will roll out like a lamb and be a little calmer as we approach the 4-month mark.

No comments:
Post a Comment