Sawyer is not usually a big help when I'm trying to get dressed.
On mornings when he has preschool, I get up and throw on clothes before waking him up. On the days when we have nowhere to be, we often hang out in our pajamas awhile before getting dressed for the day. On Sundays, when we go to church, I'm usually scrounging to find a suitable outfit that looks dressy enough for church but will work for Sunday school, where I have to sit on the floor for 50 minutes surrounded by 5- and 6-year-olds.
When I'm getting ready for church, Sawyer is usually following me around like a puppy, turning my closet light on and off or calling me to look at some toy.
Today, he proved his worth.
We'd both eaten breakfast, and we were both dressed. I had chosen a dress and tights because it was so cold and drizzly. Sawyer followed me into the bathroom, where I was trying to figure out some way to style my hair that wouldn't actually take any real time or effort.
The dress is a thrift store find, and I (thankfully) hadn't worn it yet. It's mostly black with lots of small pink, green and yellow geometric shapes. It's not my typical style, but it was cute and I think I paid $1.25 for it during a winter clearance sale.
Sawyer's standing behind me in the bathroom, and he starts talking about the holes in my dress. My first thought is that he's talking about the circles and just calling them holes. As anyone who's around 3-year-olds knows, they often mix up their words.
But he kept saying it had holes.
So I take the dress off and flip it over to the back, and sure enough, it has two quarter-sized holes near the bottom. I was horrified that I almost walked out the door ... to CHURCH! ... in a dress with holes. It's possible they wouldn't have been TOO noticeable since I had black tights on, but still.
After a quick change, we headed off to church. This time in an outfit that was a little less "hol(e)y."
Sunday, May 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment