
Sawyer had an awesome Christmas.
He got to spend Christmas Eve with his favorite people: Momo House (Grandmother), Pops and his cousin, Pey-Pey (Peyton). He'd been asking for them ALL week.

They, along with Uncle Andrew and Aunt Lisa, came on Saturday for lunch and presents. The kids had so many to open that it was hard to keep them focused. Sawyer opened a new train, and he was done. Until he opened another new train, and then he perked back up.

Without a nap, the poor kid was exhausted by the time everyone left. But he and I went to church, where he was the only child in the nursery and had the full attention of both adults. I thought for sure he'd take a nap in there, but they must've kept him playing the whole time.
He had quite a meltdown from overexhaustion when we got home. I felt sorry for him, but he wouldn't eat dinner and nothing would calm him. He was flopping around on the floor like a fish out of water.
Finally, I got pajamas on him, and he calmed down when we read a few train books. I think he was asleep before he hit the bed.

Christmas morning, we had our own "A Christmas Story" moment when I heard a horrible crash in the living room. I thought the tree would be on the ground with smashed ornaments everywhere. But Ray had knocked off a glass hurricane lamp while trying to get the stockings off the holders. Glass went everywhere, so we were glad Sawyer is still young enough to get strapped in the high chair with a snack while we cleaned up.

Sawyer barely even noticed the play kitchen that Santa brought him when we finally let him loose. He did make a beeline for the stockings, although he was more intrigued with mine than his. We finally showed him that his had good stuff like Play-Doh and Elmo slippers.

He got into to ripping the paper off the presents. And we got some nice "ooohs" and "ahhhs" out of things. But I guess he's still a little young to totally get the whole present thing.


We opened a Thomas train puzzle from my Denver friends, the Milsteads, and he would NOT continue opening presents until we put the puzzle together. So he and Ray sat on the floor and put it together.

He liked the Elmo stuff, but really was mostly only interested in the train stuff. He got way too much stuff, and I may end up putting some of it away until he is older and gets bored with the trains.


Sawyer is going to teach me a good lesson: He doesn't need a zillion gifts. Less is more. He was happiest sitting on my lap with one favorite gift.

What a wonderful Christmas story to rid us of the "day after Christmas" blues. I love the lesson he taught you, now if rest of the world would only figure that out. Your home is beautiful. I've been looking for a Christmas Day post.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful, happy Christmas! I love the photo of your tree and the little kitchen set - so sweet!
ReplyDelete