Just weeks away from his 2nd birthday, Sawyer is definitely curious, but I can’t really call him sneaky or crafty … at least he’s not intentionally. Yet he’s discovered my hiding place for presents.
I usually stash all my Christmas presents in my closet. Ray never needs to go in there, and under the eaves, he’s too tall for it anyway, so it’s the only place in the house I’ve never really worried about anyone stumbling upon things I wanted to keep a surprise.
Last year, I didn’t need to hide gifts from Sawyer. And even this year, he’s still sort of oblivious to things. Take the giant box with a play kitchen that arrived last week – it sat in our living room for two days before we got it moved, and he never noticed it.
But we recently cleaned out all the lost socks, hairbands, books and pens and dust bunnies from under our bed, which sits very low to the floor. My closet is bursting at the seams so I thought under the bed would be the perfect spot for the few gifts I’ve bought Sawyer. And both of them were just short enough to fit. I shoved them under there and didn’t think another thought about them.
Until yesterday. When Sawyer dropped a ball in our bedroom and dropped to the floor trying to retrieve it. I walked past and noticed he was reaching, stretching his short little arms to reach something. Two seconds later and out popped the train set that is slated for his birthday present.
Luckily, he is still easily distractable. I was able to scoot the “too-too tain” back under the bed with an offer of watching “Foffy Moman” and eating a “pop-sisle.”
Guess I better get sneakier by next Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment