Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Brought to you by the color orange

If you're averse to the color orange, stop reading this blog now.

I thought it would be cute to dress Sawyer in an autumnal sweater to visit the pumpkin patch, but I may have underestimated the "Man, that's a LOT of orange" factor.

pumpkin5
Can you actually spot Sawyer?

Last year, I got the most adorable pictures of him at this same patch. I could plop him down among the pumpkins and he'd just sit and smile at me. At most, he tried to crawl over a few. And he seemed fascinated by this field of strange orange globes.

pumpkin 2010
Awww. Wasn't he so cute?

Fast forward to this year, when there was very little pumpkin admiration happening. Mostly, there was running, running and more running.

pumpkin4
"You can't catch me!"

pumpkin2
"Hey, let's run and dive on Mom"

Just two months shy of 2 years old, Sawyer did not have time to sit and stare at the great pumpkins. He had no interest in looking at the camera to show his sweet little round face like last year. He wanted to run. Often till he tripped or fell over laughing.

pumpkin3
Just before a collapse into the grass

I'd try to sit him in a spot formerly occupied, only to have him turn his head the other way or stand up and climb the pumpkins like they were a mountain to be conquered.

pumpkin6
"What? You talking to me?"

pumpkin8
OK, I'm sitting. Hurry up and take the picture.

I got a few cute pictures, but it took a LOT more work. And as I told my mother: The days of sitting Sawyer somewhere to re-create previous adorable photos are over. He's far too busy being 2 for silly old pictures. Or pumpkins, for that matter.

pumpkin7
Every time he'd stick his face up to the hole, he'd say, "Booooo!"


pumpkin1
This one's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment