Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July

I don't have much to say about our Fourth of July other than IT WAS HOT!

We went to the parade and festivities downtown, but we were underwhelmed and unfortunately in a spot with the sun beating down on us. Walked around the vendors and booths afterward. Had to stand in line to buy tickets to buy water. Found a guy drawing portrait sketches and had to stand in line forever for that. Finally found some shade to eat our shaved ice, but by then we were both cooked.

After lunch, Ray and Sawyer went to a pool party and then the rain-delayed Hoppers game. (Sadly, I had to miss all the fun and come to work.)

I feel certain our little firecracker will sleep well tonight.

parade1

_PRP0400

_PRP0397

_PRP0394

_PRP0420
Sawyer's only real moment of excitement was seeing Guilford, the Grasshoppers mascot!

_PRP0403
Hey, I know that guy from the ballpark!

_PRP0404
I can wave, but it's too hot to smile!

_PRP0415

_PRP0417

parade sam

_PRP0424
Holding the flag was nice ... until someone gave him a sucker.

parade us
Look how pink we both are!

_PRP0434
The portrait artist sketched the little kids from a picture he took.

_PRP0437
Sawyer was hot and wouldn't smile, but I don't think this looks much like him.

_PRP0430
Freedom (from the stroller) at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment