On Fridays, I'll lists five things I'm loving about Sawyer this week. I may not manage it every Friday, but it's a goal.
My first installment ...
I love that …
1. Sawyer claps whenever people clap or cheer on television. He’s been clapping for a few months, but I think he’s realizing when it’s appropriate to clap. He sometimes claps when he accomplishes something, like walking up the steps. But the funny thing is that he claps with TV characters. He woke up in the middle of the night last week and we couldn’t get him back to sleep. I thought maybe if we watched TV for a bit he’d get bored and fall asleep. I turned on “Cheers” and he snuggled up on my lap, all sleepy. I thought he might be out until Norm walked in and the bar patrons cheered and hurrahed as they always do … and Sawyer clapped.
2. His dancing now involve moving his arms like a robot. Palms open, fingers spread, elbows bent. I don’t know how or why this became the next progression in dancing, but it’s hilarious because he sort of looks like the Tin Man.
3. He is becoming curious about sticking his face in the bath water. It hasn’t happened yet, but I KNOW he’s going to snort up with a nose full of water and freak at some point. But for now, I’m letting his curiosity lead the way.
4. Sawyer is starting to read facial expressions. You can give him a stern look and he’ll get serious, cry and/or stop what he’s doing. And I can give him a sneaky, silly look and he cracks up. So of course, I do this all the time because I adore his laugh.
5. His sign language is close but a little off. His sign for “more” has been off since he learned it, because he really couldn’t make the real sign (which is putting your fingertips together). Instead, Sawyer claps. Now he’s learned “please,” which should be rubbing your chest in a circle. Sawyer has done it right a few times, but mostly he just pats his belly. It makes me laugh every time, because I usually ask for the signs when he’s eating … so he claps and rubs his belly like “Woohoo! More food for my tummy!” I guess I’ll take what I can get.

what i love about sawyer: how he seems to laugh completely randomly, and how he so obviously makes you happy. plus, look at this cute photo!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea. And I'd say you're off to a nice start. Those little hands smacking together accompanied by a huge grin is just so sweet. Sawyer is getting so big so fast. My little one is, too. I know it's cliche, but they just seem to grow up so fast!
ReplyDelete